Cookies don’t last long in my house. Al could eat 2 dozen in one sitting and I’m up and down all night sneaking in there to get one.
I found this recipe on one of the blogs I follow and thought I’d try them. I REALLY like them. They’re both crunchy and soft and since they have Twix in them, you get a little chocolate and caramel.
Twix Candy Bar Cookies Recipe
- 2 Cups plus 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm (I just let my butter sit out on the counter and soften. I didn’t melt it)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Twix bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coarsely chop the Twix bars (about 1/4-inch chuncks)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In the bowl of
- an electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until throughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk and
- vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients to the sugar mixture and beat at low speed just
- until combined. Gently stir in the Twix chunks.
- Drop by Tbs. onto cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.